

Nana took the boys to see Dora Live at Bass Concert Hall this past Tuesday. She was able to get some AWESOME seats since she's a State Farm employee and State Farm was the sponsor. We're talking 9 rows from the stage in the center good!
I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a lot of cheese. But no, it was actually BETTER than the cartoon. The actors/actresses were good and sang well, too. There were acrobatic maneuvers, cool lighting, and neat special effects.
Being the geek that I am, I took advantage of Aidan's interest in the technical aspects of the show and told him all about Lekos and Fresnels, and gels, and gobos. I pointed out all the lights and light rigging, etc. I then drug him down memory lane back to when I used to climb up rickety ladders in high school while carrying those bulky lights, and clambering around on catwalks at UT, and slicing open my thumb when I was careless with a gel frame (that was a bloody one).
Poor Nana, though. Aidan unleashed his questions of curiosity when actors started to fly around the stage on cables!
The other pic that I've posted here is of the boys in the open space in front of Bass Concert Hall. We were early, so we let the boys run themselves ragged to use up excess energy. I love this particular one of the two boys.
Here's a link of other pre-show pics I've put on Flickr:
Dora Live!
No comments:
Post a Comment